Update: RCS remains closed for participant services; however, employees should plan to report to work on Tuesday, March 24, as scheduled. Thank you.
RCS empowers individuals with disabilities and special needs so that they may work, live, and function with dignity and respect.
TO: Participants, Guardians, & Employees
FROM: Martha VandeLeest, President
RCS will be closed to participants (individuals receiving services) beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020. We will be re-evaluating this decision within approximately two weeks and will provide you with an update at that time. We will be sharing updates through the RCS website, Facebook, and for individuals without computer access, recorded updates will be available at 920-694-1228. We also plan to post announcements with WHBL Radio. Thank you all for your understanding as we continue to make decisions affecting the health and safety of everyone at RCS.
RCS continues to be committed to protecting the health and safety of our participants and employees as we make decisions around COVID-19. Please know that we are constantly monitoring communications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), and Sheboygan County Public Health Dept. If you wish to stay up to date on the testing and the results in Wisconsin, the Department of Health Services (DHS) has a website that is updated every weekday at 2:00 PM. As of the latest update shared by the Sheboygan County Public Health Department, the local health risk in Sheboygan County is considered low.
We will continue to take steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases by reminding everyone of the following:
* Stay home when you are sick.
* Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
* Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands.
* Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
* Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
* Put distance between yourself and others.
* Clean frequently touched surfaces.
In addition to the extra cleaning and disinfecting processes put into place last week, RCS has decided the following:
• All visitor entry into our building will be restricted to an extreme need basis only.
• Volunteers will not be utilized until further notice.
• The RCS annual play will be postponed until further notice along with in-person ticket sales.
• Extra steps have been implemented to promote social distancing within our facility.
RCS has and will continue to follow the CDC recommendations for participants and employees who are sick, which means that anyone who has symptoms of acute respiratory illness may not come to work until:
• they are free of fever (100.4̊F [ 37.8̊C] or greater using an oral thermometer);
• have no signs of a fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
We are also encouraging parents, guardians and residential providers to review your plans and be prepared if RCS decides to close.
Please be encouraged to visit the following websites for the most reliable and current information on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/outbreaks/index.htm
Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses